Monday, November 23, 2009

Eerie yet artistic, disturbing but sophisticated

Yo, folks~ the use of photoshop is to create or modify normal or some say “fugly” still images to sparkling or “wow” life images. But have you ever imagine or try to create a creepy portrait? Yea.. in this post I’m going to show you guys a photoshoped images with eerie and disturbing graphic, but yet quite artistic, sophisticated picture..

[Here it is…Terminator version chinese you would say?? Rock ya!!]

Well, I know this ugly and some say disgusting I might think. Even my mom says “touchwood” after I asked her to have a look on what I had created. It gives dunno-how-to-describe(disturbing) feeling when looking at this picture, even I felt “yiak” during the progress. I have to look at my own picture for the whole session. The reason I use my own picture is I don’t want to victimize others handsome and pretty faces. hereby i attach my seductive face...the face that look like a slaughter after cleanse.


[My silly face..yet handsome]

Ok ok, what so interesting about this picture is, beside my own seductive look, all the materials used in this picture are commonly found in my bathroom! No other items outside the bathroom are used in the photoshop editing session. Cool……

This picture took me about half day to complete it (if count seriously). The actual duration to finish this project is around 2 weeks, where my own picture and the bathroom material are taken. I get this idea is around 3 weeks ago. Well, the reason it takes so much time to complete this single picture can be described using 4 letters: L.A.Z.Y


So, let’s have a look on the material I used for this project. Cast iron T-joint, wire from water heater, aluminum-coated hose, water tap, rusted-clip, towel hanger, door knob, lever-type water tap, glass shelf holder and last but not least connector.


[ Material used only found in my bathroom]

The difficulty of this project…I might say immediate level, because most of the steps involve the masking technique, brightness/contrast and Hue/saturation adjustment. Another technique is simple as make shadow for every pieces of material. By doing this, the materials used will look more contrast and realistic. I divided those parts into respectively folders touch-up; cheek; ear; nose; eye; forehead; mouth & chin. The purpose is to ease me up when I want to edit, since it is messy as each particular folder contains 6 or 7 or more layers and I did not manage them in proper way.


[Multi folders and layers used]

One fun thing is when I removed my own picture, I found that the frame becomes eerie no more and what extra is a cute and completely different from what we see initially.

[Plain Version of Terminator]

So, is my face making the picture look ghostly and disturbing?? I’m doubt!

1 comment:

  1. congratz, finally update your blog :P
    nice work dude.. u got the talent 囧rz

    ReplyDelete